It’s UK Malnutrition Awareness Week 2023.
Each day there are activities,
- Monday we have the learning event and the start of MAG national screening survey. The portal can be found on the MTF and BAPEN websites
- Interactive Tuesday – we want you to post on social media your challenges, your solutions, and your innovations. A selfie card can be found here – along with other resources
- Wednesday is about access to nutrition – share you challenges and success
- Thirsty Thursday – share your innovative ideas to get people drinking.
- Robust and Resilient Friday, get ready for winter this year’s vaccines: Winter advice for professionals (Age UK); Advice on keeping warm and well in winter (Age UK); click here for flu vaccine information and click here for Covid vaccine information – the more we look after ourselves the more resilient and robust we become
- Weekend celebration of nutrition heroes – who is your nutrition hero? – who needs an extra shout out? – let us know on social media.
Keep an eye on X (Twitter), Instagram and Facebook and post your innovations using the hashtag #UKMAW2023
Let’s work together in raising awareness of preventable malnutrition for older people to:
- Raise awareness of preventable malnutrition for older people to policymakers, politicians, professionals older people and their families,
- Engage policymakers to raise the profile of preventable malnutrition as a public health issue,
- Help members of the public understand the risks and causes of preventable malnutrition and know how to access resources and tools,
- Ask health and social care professionals to routinely screen to spot the signs and symptoms of malnutrition early – and take action to treat,
- Engage with MTF and BAPEN websites for up-to-date information and resources to help recognise, prevent, and treat malnutrition.
Learn more about UKMAW23 at this link: https://www.malnutritiontaskforce.org.uk/uk-malnutrition-awareness-week-2023