The objectives of the NNNG are to promote education in nutrition and related subjects for members of the nursing profession, for the public benefit, and especially for the benefit of patients in the hospital and community.
In addition to the above, the NNNG may:
- Promote an increased awareness amongst nurses of disease related malnutrition and its consequences.
- Provide opportunities for members to meet together for the purpose of discussing matters of common interest concerning disease related malnutrition.
- Promote activities which will assist members working in the field of nutrition support to increase their knowledge and enhance their contribution to this subject.
- Raise funds and incite and receive contributions from any person or persons what so ever by way of subscription, donation and otherwise provide that the National Nurses Nutrition Group shall not undertake any permanent trading activities in raising funds for its charities objects.
- Promote the role of the Nutrition Nurse Specialist within a multi-disciplinary nutrition support team.
- Do all such other lawful things as shall further the above objects.
Good nutrition needs nurses.